When building a new house or renovating the shower room, naturally there are a number of choices you will have to make. One of the newest items in bathroom design are what is known as frameless shower doors. These doors are usually made of real glass or fiberglass, but the biggest benefit is that you can’t see any frame. At first glance you might think that these doors are fragile and not safe to use in a bathroom. However, there are good reasons why a lot of people are now choosing frameless shower doors, so before you remove it from your options for your shower room read the rest of this article first.
There are a number of reasons why so many folks who are shopping for custom glass shower doors opt for the frameless variety.
• Contrary to how it looks, these frameless glass shower doors are very sturdy. If you opt for the real glass you don’t have to worry about it shattering to pieces even if it does not have a frame, as it is very thick. If you are still having doubts you can choose a fiberglass door instead as this type will not shatter.
• When your shower door is frameless there will be no nooks to clean. You will be able to avoid having to brush vigorously. This way cleaning the shower area will be a lot easier than installing one with frames.
• Frameless doors will make your bathroom look bigger, which is why it is also ideal for those who have small bathrooms. You can also have one custom made if there are no ready-made shower doors that will fit in your bathroom.
• This type of door is not limited to transparent glass only, so if you are not comfortable with the clear glass you can choose from many other options. There are other kinds available such as distorted, etched, and clouded glass.
• Most of the frameless shower doors are glass treated. That means that even if it is exposed to water all the time it will not have water stains. It will be a bit more expensive than untreated glass but in the end the price will be worth it since the treatment can last up to 25 years and you don’t have to deal with stains or worry about how to remove them.
With all these benefits and more, choosing frameless glass shower doors is definitely a wise decision to make.